Thursday 19 July 2007

Bruschetta







In an effort to be a good (50's style) wife I have tried to do more and better cooking lately. For anyone that knows me I detest cooking! Ugh. And I am weird in that I have not much interest in food nor eating. I hate grocery shopping.

So anyway, here is the bruschetta I made last Thursday, a week ago. What do you think? We have no oven nor toaster but a flat cafe-style toaster doobiewacker. I used 2 cloves of garlic, some spring onion, quarter of a red onion, one whole tomato, and some "olive" bread I bought from Carrefour (already sliced because I'm lazy). I finely diced/chopped all the ingredients. Then I added a dash of olive oil to the bread, spooned the mixture on and sprinkled on the Italian herbs (Masterfood brand - from Australia!)

You can add shredded cheese on top too. :)

It was so delicious, even if I do say so myself. The bread was perfectly cooked and crunchy and the toppings were tasty. The red onion was the magic ingredient, I think.

Now... what the diddly am I going to make tonight?

(PS this stupid layout on Blogger when uploading pictures sux!)

No comments: