Saturday 12 April 2008

China.. Tibet.. Boycotting the Olympic Games in Beijing

It seems like every man and his dog has an opinion on this big news event, as so I may as well add my 2 cents.

First of all I'll start by saying that I agree that what China did to Ti-bet is absolutely appalling, as well as their hideous track record/history of issues relating to hum-an rights. For me, a few years ago, I saw some posters in Hong Kong (Tsim Tsa Tsui) of what the Chinese government did to people who were found to be practising F-a-lun-G-o-ng (writing it like that in case my blog gets blocked). Those images will stay with me for life. I actually started crying (in public, at the ferry terminal!) because I was so shocked, saddened and disgusted at their treatment of fellow human beings. Every time I think about it I feel really really SICK.

Anyway, back to the topic.. how will boycotting the Olympics achieve anything? I'm more than certain the games will go ahead no matter what, and if it didn't all it would achieve is to disappoint the athletes who spend their whole lives training for this big event.

Oh, and I love how all these high and mighty people from Western countries think that THEIR country is so great and perfect, and don't have a shoddy history as well. And if you're going to boycott anything Chinese - hey, you may as well walk around naked because I'm sure as anything the clothes you are wearing are made in China, and stop eating Chinese food and going to Chinese restaurants, and associating with Chinese people (rolleyes).. OMG.. when will this lunacy end?

I'm sorry to say I think it's just pathetic and childish.

No comments: