Saturday 24 November 2007

My blog is popular. What the-?

The other day I was asked by a girl online, "Are you that girl that writes that Shanghai expat wife blog?" Shocked I said, "Yeah..." So we got 'chatting' and she tells me that my blog is the highest ranked Shanghai expat blog on Google. So I do a search for the words 'shanghai' 'expat' and 'blog' and sure enough my blog is the 7th on the list. 1st-6th are blog directory sites, not an actual blog URL. So going by this I guess you could say my blog is the most highly ranked Shanghai expat blog on Google?!

Now I admit I like it when people read my blog (even if they don't comment (but I love comments :D), even if I don't know who they are or how many there are...) but I have no idea how my blog is ranked so highly?! I am not one of those people who submit their blog to a billion and one sites in the hopes of becoming 'popular'. In fact, to be honest I had thought about submitting it to some blog sites and places like del.icio.us but really, now, I just couldn't be bothered.

Now, I have only told my sister and about 3 friends about this blog. If I'm not even going to tell people close to me about it I'm highly unlikely going to tell the rest of the world about it - right?

I am writing this blog for two reasons. 1) to get some of my crazy thoughts out. 2) hopefully provide some source of entertainment or help for others. So if you enjoy reading it - great! And if you don't - well what are you doing here? ;)

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Woohoo! You're popular! I hope you'll still be my friend ;)