Friday 28 March 2008

Abendbrot bread






A couple of months ago I wanted to trial the Abendbrot bread delivery service. So I made the order of the phone and they told me they'd deliver the next morning. Well... they never showed up! I wasn't sure what to think of it. I thought about ringing them up to ask for an explanation or to complain but just let it go, and not think anymore of it.

Then, on Thursday (yesterday) they sent an email to me telling me if I would like to make an order they'd deliver the following morning (this morning).

OK, so I thought I'd give them another chance.

I made the order online. It was very straightforward. Every type of bread had a picture , size and price.

Then they asked if you wanted to pay on the day of the delivery or with the next delivery. I said this delivery.

So, this morning they turn up at some ridiculous hour at 5:30 or 5:45am. I thought I was dreaming when I heard our buzzer thing. Noone ever rings our buzzer because the security guards already know who they are (eg the water delivery man, or the man who delivers my Chinese herbal medicine to me). Then, I thought it was hubby's mobile phone ringing and wondering why he wasn't answering it. I was so dead and tired from last night. Eventually I woke up and figured out what was going on and went to answer the phone!

They came up, I paid, they gave me two large brown paper bags.

I got them out and put them out on the table for hubby, and went back to bed. I wasn't very successful in trying to fall asleep with the sun coming through the curtains and the noise of construction next door (they have torn down and are building a new school). Eventually my ayi came and woke me up. I felt like death. My poor lungs were still suffering from last night.

Anyway, onto the bread.. It was nice, but certainly didn't seem warm or fresh when I first got them. So I'm not sure if they were baked this morning or not. Service wise I am very happy but not sure how much I'll use them in the future given the price (approx 10 RMB per piece and much more for loaves), and the early wake-up call!

No comments: